How you vex me...
I must admit, I have become completely enchanted with Cake Pops. What a delightful little idea! My sister Amanda first told me about them - and after a quick search on Pintrest (mmm, Pintrest) I was hooked!
Amanda even went so far as to buy me one of those handy-dandy Cake Pop pans!! If she's not looking for a free treat...
My first dabble into the CP was making Red Velvet with Cocoa coating. This first time I had no pan and had to crumble, mix and form on my own. It was a very good lesson in not only patience but letting go of some of my OCD tendencies. They turned out very well and I sent them with Travis (official taste-tester for the Love Oven) to his job for the gang to try.
When I went into the restaurant where he works, I realized that I must have hit a gold mine, as several of the servers were willing to fight each other over them and one even asked if he could marry me, but only for my CP.... you can imagine what that did for my ego!
After Amanda sent me the pan, it got a lot easier.
The only hang up for me is the coating. I need to find out a way to make them coat better and more even. It is always a nice challenge for me to keep going back to things and try to make them better and more streamlined.
So now I have three rounds under my belt: Red Velvet with chocolate coating, the Strawberry cake with tiny chocolate chips in them and coated with green (to look like watermelon) and Lemon cake with Vanilla coating...
If you are interested in trying these for yourself, I highly recommend it, but be sure you have at least 2 hours to dedicate to the process... You'll be rewarded with small yummy treats that are hard to resist!
Here's a website that has more information: http://www.cakepops.org/how-to-make-cake-pops/
Pintrest is another great place to find cute ideas too, but then again, Pintrest has everything!


LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I've been thinking about doing them for awhile so maybe that will be my next endeavor!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm so proud of you and LOVE OVEN!!! :)